Friday, January 6, 2012

Huge Cookie Cookie Monster Cake

This was the finished product of the Cookie Monster cake that my boyfriend and I made for my sister's birthday!  I'm a big fan of decorating, and not so knowledgeable on cake recipes, so the recipe of the actual cake was from him.

It was very tasty, especially for a chocolate fan like me!  This cake had layers of chocolate spongecakes, ganache, and a huge chocolate chip cookie in the middle.

I used a big piece of of chocolate cookie near the front of Cookie Monster's mouth as a sign.  Too bad the colour of the icing gel was too faint.

Decorations: The Cake was decorated with vanilla icing mixed with a drop of blue icing.  The eyes were cut out from the huge chocolate chip cookie that we baked. They were covered with vanilla icing and two drops of black icing.


 We cut a piece out!  I was a little sad to see a chunk out of this Cookie Monster.... but on the bright side,  it was soo delicious!
Here's a closer look at the layers

No comments:

Post a Comment